A fundamental component of these regulations is the need to measure the cradle-to-grave ‘Carbon Footprint’ involved in the development, production, distribution and disposal process for a product. Thus, a Carbon Footprint calculation is a measurement of the impact a company’s activities have on the environment and is expressed in terms of greenhouse gases produced, measured in units of carbon dioxide.
“The more we learn here, the more there’s real business and consumer opportunity, in that there’s a lot of unharvested efficiencies yet…When you look back at the supply chain and at factories and warehouses and you start thinking about their basic needs for energy there’s a huge opportunity to do some relatively simple things to save energy …” -Jim Stanway, Head of Wal-Mart’s Greenhouse Gas Strategy, Financial Times, 24 September 2007
The objectives of the strategic planning are:
- Sustainable urbanization.
- Management of water Resources.
- Maintenance of historical Places.
- To stop Gender Discrimination.
- Establish a system corresponding to the awareness of people and access to Health services.
- Poverty Eradication.
- Aim to globalize the Women Empowerment.
- Conduct researches that contribute to the development of human resources who can play a leading and core role in society and researchers who can conduct cutting-edge researches.